Friday, December 16, 2005

Like a Buick dropping on a five year old.

Impact.

Blech... Deadlines suck... And since I'm on one, I've got no choice but to post, don't I? I'm not sure how epic this'll be, but ya know, whatever... I think may have set the bar a bit too high with my first few posts. It's kind of hard to top the epic stuff I've posted, especially the early stuff... Speaking of which, I really need to find that letter I was gonna send to Quentin Tarantino... That's been lost in the shuffle... Someone has to fight for Van Damme's career, right? Might as well be me!

But on top of all that stuff, I've been writing songs lately... Or at least trying to... I had one idea hit me like a buick dropping on a five year old (hence the title) and I've been working on it for the passed few days or so. It's not exactly something that I'd write, either. People who know me think of me as an old school Metal head, since I've played in Metal bands since the mid to late 90's, the last one being in 2001 before I moved Stateside. This stuff is quite a departure from Metal. It leans more towards Jack Johnson than Metallica. Which is a lot better for my situation, seeing as it's a hell of a lot easier playing acoustic surf grooves with just one guitar. It wouldn't be that cool playing Metal with no drummer to me.

The song itself has some bits of social commentary in it for whatever reason. I try to stay away from that stuff, because it honestly bores the shit out of me. But since I've been having bouts of insomnia, it kinda crept in there, and for once I liked the result. It's not blatant "FU George Bush" crap, either. It's not even subliminal "FU George Bush" crap. I really only call it "social commentary" because war is a theme in it, and there's a major conflict going on right now. Seriously though, if I ever wrote something like that, I'd stab myself in the brain with a Q-tip. Perhaps when I get it finished, I'll post it and let everyone hear it. I can't sing for beans, (I've been told otherwise), so don't forget to sugar coat your comments about it so it won't totally kill me with grief! hahaha.

Umm, I can't think of anything funny to say right now...

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not quite as 'epic' but I'm definitely looking forward to the song!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, Van Damme... doooood, he does need another movie. Imagine him being DEA agent up against the Wu-Tang clan. ^_^ lmao.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many weeks has it been, you dirty slut?!?!?

Post something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home