Monday, November 07, 2005

A Van Damme State Of Mind.

And no, it's not a cocaine induced hallucination!

For some strange reason, I found myself conversing with myself about how great Jean Claude Van Damme was. Weird, I know. But these are the kinds of things I think about from time to time.

Van Damme was the shit back in the late 80's and early to mid 90's. Bloodsport was absolutely radical, and I think it still holds up as one of the best martial arts films ever. Oh sure, some of it pales in comparison to all that wire-fu Hong Kong stuff that's put out today. But let's face it, the Muscles From Brussels didn't NEED that crap to be awesome. He had his trademark spin kicks and Bolo Yeung! I mean, the fights he had with Bolo were absolutely awesome! Especially in Double Impact. Oh man was Double Impact a great flick... I mean, TWO VAN DAMME'S FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! You can't get much better than that. He's tried! hahaha

But after that, I was thinking about where Van Damme is now... Last time I saw anything on him, he was doing kicks for a camera on one of those celebrity uncensored Television shows. I thought about that, and then I got a little depressed... Van Damme was one of my heroes growing up. Shoot, I used to think I was a karate expert because I watched Van Damme movies! It really hurt to think that my hero was a washed up coke addict...

But then I had an epiphany... I found a way to ressurect the career of Jean Claude Van Damme. There's only one man in Hollywood brave enough to put Van Damme back on the big screen...

And that man is...





QUENTIN TARANTINO (See, he's point at Van Damme right now!)


I firmly believe that if there's anyone on the planet that can ressurect the greatness that Van Damme once had, it's Quentin Tarantino. I'm gonna have to start a petition, or write a letter or something.

I'm gonna get on that, pronto.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger kerrigwen said...

Is he in any romantic comedies? Or just comedies, for that matter? I dont recall actually seeing any of his films, ever. :p ;)

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quentin Tarantino? Hmmm, isn't he the guy who made The Sound of Music and West Side Story?!?!

Wow Karl! I didn't know you were into musical films too!! Small world!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger K4®L said...

Well, I have seen Gone With The Wind, aaaaaaand The Sound of Music.

Yeah, I'm a FrEaK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home